As a certified American Heart Association (AHA) Training Site, Newton Medical Center (NMC) offers healthcare professionals the option of receiving face-to-face training for Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
The AHA’s ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving basic life support skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This course reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
What does this course teach?
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive an AHA Course Completion Card, which is valid for two years.
ACLS at Newton Medical Center
– ACLS New Provider class
– ACLS Recertification class
– ACLS Heartcode© Megacode checkoff
NMC offers one and two day classes, depending on your experience, skill and comfort level.
Continuing education hours are available for both one and two day classes.
All classes are led by highly qualified AHA instructors with experience in critical care, emergency care and respiratory therapy.
Classes are held at Newton Medical Center in Newton, KS, a short, 25 minute drive North of Wichita.
– ACLS New Provider two day class – $200.00
– ACLS Recertification class – $150.00
– ACLS Heartcode© Megacode checkoff – $75.00 (call for availability)
2020 Class Schedule
- February 12
- April 17
- May 12 & 13
- June 16
Questions? Ready to schedule?
Contact our education coordinator, Jennifer Fernandez, BSN, RN at 316-804-6190.