- This event has passed.
Consider the Conversation 2
April 20, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
A Discussion on Advance Care Planning
Join us for a free discussion on advance care planning. Attendees will have the opportunity to view clips of the Emmy-nominated documentary “Consider the Conversation 2: Stories about Cure, Relief, and Comfort.” The film highlights the value of palliative care and shows viewers what end-of-life conversations with medical professionals look like, sound like and feel like. It shares first-hand accounts of doctors, caregivers and patients as they navigate the end-of-life journey and the questions and decisions that go along with fighting disease.
The discussion will feature a special Q&A panel of advance care planning experts.
- Karen Lehman, DNP, APRN, NP-C, Hospitalist, Newton Medical Center
- Scott Metzler, Chief, Newton Fire/EMS
- Corrie Regier, Social Work, Good Shepard Hospice
- Jennifer Speer, RN, CM, Director of Case Management Services, Newton Medical Center
- Joseph Spurlock, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice