The Patient Portal helps patients take an active role in their care by providing:
- Up-to-date laboratory results
- Visit history
- Discharge and aftercare information
- Lists of medications and allergies
- A downloadable health summary
- Billing statements
- Online payment
What is the Patient Portal?
The Patient Portal is a way for patients to connect with their health history and medical care. Create your own private account to check your medical records at any Newton Medical Center healthcare facility.
How do I enroll?
Enrollment can be completed two different ways.
- Complete the enrollment request found on the Patient Portal Homepage. In order to complete the request you must have your Medical Records number, which can be found on your patient label attached to the enrollment sheet. It is the number proceeded by “MRN.” You must also use the e-mail address that is on file at the hospital.
- The hospital staff can enroll you in the Patient Portal. This can be done at your next visit to NMC at time of registration. You may also call (316) 804-6252.
Is the Patient Health Portal for Newton Medical Center the same as the portal I use at my doctor’s office?
Yes. As of June 1, 2017, the portal will provide health information for all NMC services, including the hospital and NMC-owned clinics.
Can my family access the portal?
Yes. You can give family members or healthcare proxies access to your portal. This must be done during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., in NMC’s Health Information Management (HIM) office, located in the basement of the Newton Surgery Center. To schedule a time outside of business hours, call (316) 804-6252. All parties must be present.
Who can I contact if I’m having trouble signing up?
If patients experience trouble creating a Patient Portal account or have other questions, please fill out an online form. You may also call for assistance by telephone at (316) 804-6252. We may respond by e-mail or phone.
What if I forget my username or password?
If you forget your username, contact the hospital through this online contact form or by telephone at 316-804-6252.
You can retrieve your password by following these steps:
- Click the “Forgot Password?” link on the Patient Portal sign-on page
- Enter your portal login ID and e-mail address.
- Click submit.
Will I be notified when new information is available on the Patient Portal?
Yes, you will receive a “New Activity” e-mail to the email you have on file at the hospital.
I am having difficulties understanding my health information, medications, lab results, etc. Who do I contact?
Please contact your doctor for any questions concerning your medical information.