To pay your bill online, click the secure link below and enter your account number, which can be found on your billing invoice.
Extended payment options are available through The Midland Group. Newton Medical Center partners with The Midland Group, an accounts management company owned by a charitable trust, to provide our patients with affordable payment plans.
Two programs are available to provide financial help:
- Public Benefits Eligibility Program: If you are unable to pay your bill, a Newton Medical Center financial representative will help you apply for public assistance, such as Medicaid or disability benefits.
- Health Care Assistance Program: Newton Medical Center offers a Healthcare Assistance Program for those who qualify.
Newton Medical Center will file your insurance claim for you. Because of special requirements by insurance companies and frequent changes in the requirements, it is necessary for us to have a copy of your insurance card.
We will ask your insurance provider to send payment directly to Newton Medical Center, allowing your insurance provider time to process and pay your bill.
Most Christian Sharing Plans are not contracted for services with Newton Medical Center. If you are a part of a Christian Sharing Plan, please contact our billing department prior to seeking services so payment arrangements can be made.
Newton Medical Center works with a wide variety of insurance companies, local and national. Please contact your insurance carrier or your workplace human resources representative to ensure your insurance plan is accepted at Newton Medical Center.
The following insurance plans are accepted for services at Newton Medical Center and our outpatient clinics located in Newton, Hesston, Park City, Valley Center and Wichita.
- Aetna Better Health of Kansas (Medicaid)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (includes Plan 65)
- Bluestem Pace
- Christian Health Aid
- Coventry Health
- First Health
- Health Partners of Kansas
- Kansas Superior Select
- Leading Age Kansas
- Medica (commercial exchange products only)
- Private Health Care Systems
- ProviDRs Care Network
- Sunflower Health Plan (Medicaid and Commercial Exchange product – Ambetter)
- UnitedHealthcare (commercial products)
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (Medicaid)
- Health Partners of Kansas
- ProviDRs Care
- VA Community Care Network
Newton Medical Center accepts the following Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
- Coventry Advantage
- Kansas Superior Select
- Secure Horizons
- Sunflower (Allwell)
The following medical plans are ONLY accepted at our outpatient clinics. These plans are NOT accepted at NMC hospital for any inpatient or outpatient services.
- Lucent Health
- Benefit Administrative Systems, LLC
The following insurance plans are NOT accepted for services at Newton Medical Center or any of our outpatient clinics.
- AARP Medicare Complete
- AARP Medicare Advantage Plan 1 (HMO-POS)
- AARP Medicare Advantage Plan 2 (HMO-POS)
- Allied National, LLC
- Ascension Complete
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan 65 Select
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete ONE
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete LP (HMO-POS D-SNP)
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete LP1 (HMO-POS D-SNP)
Any additional questions may be directed to our business office at (316) 804-6255 or (800) 811-3183.
Thank you for choosing Newton Medical Center for your medical care. We are here to help you through the process of paying for your medical care, however please understand that you are responsible for meeting any special requirements of your insurance plan. Obtaining a second opinion, getting approval before going to the emergency room or being hospitalized may be a requirement of your insurance provider.
Most insurances with this requirement have special steps that must be followed unless you are seeking treatment for a life-threatening condition. Your physician is responsible for sending referral forms to your insurance company. In most cases, the hospital is not allowed to provide referral documents.
To help with the cost of healthcare Newton Medical Center has listed many of its services at a cash price on MDsave. For a list of services available at a cash price or to purchase a service at a cash price, visit mdsave.com/newton-medical-center.
You may choose one of the following options:
- Pay the bill in full once you receive your billing statement which shows the amount that is due.
- Pay by extended payment plan through The Midland Group. Newton Medical Center has contracted with this firm to provide a line of credit for payment of hospital and clinic expenses, with minimal fees.
For more detailed information, you may view or print our Billing & Collection Policy.
At Newton Medical Center, we set our price for a service, or a set of services, with the use of a master list of services and prices. We call this list our “Chargemaster”. This list shows the starting price of each service provided and the materials used in your care as our patient. These services and materials are also listed in your hospital bill.
The prices listed are the same for all patients of the hospital, no matter what kind of insurance program or coverage. Still, these prices do not reflect the price you may pay. Government insurance plans, like Medicare and Medicaid, do not pay these prices, but use their own set of prices and hospitals are required to accept those prices. Health insurance companies pay a price that is based on a contract. They may not be the same prices on the Chargemaster list. Also, if you are insured, you may have other out-of-pocket expenses that include deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, as outlined in your insurance policy.
The following services charged to you may include:
- Services or procedures that are done on an inpatient or outpatient basis
- Physician orders for treatment based on his/her examination of you
- A patient with multiple diseases or conditions, or complications
- Surgical services/procedures
- Treatment in the emergency department
- Lab, imaging or other tests
- Medications and supplies used in your treatment
- Room and board
- Therapies, such as physical or respiratory
The provided list of prices should not be used to accurately determine the final cost of your hospital stay. It is given for information only.
We promise to help you understand your cost(s) for medical services prior to receiving care. To be clear with pricing, we will work with you to find out what your Average Standard Charge* will be for a service or set of services done by Newton Medical Center and/or one of our employed providers*.
*Average Standard Charge is based off the Chargemaster and is our average price for a service or set of services given to a patient before discounts. Average Standard Charge can vary based on the materials and supplies used in a patient’s care at the time the service is performed by Newton Medical Center.
*Employed provider is a physician, advanced-practice registered nurse or physician assistant who is employed by Newton Medical Center.
If you do not have insurance or will be paying for the entire service out of your pocket, we will provide an estimate of the Average Standard Charge from the Chargemaster. To speak with one of our Patient Financial Advocates for assistance with pricing, payment terms and healthcare financing options, please call 316-281-9001.
If you have insurance, we will work with you and your insurance company to help determine total out-of-pocket costs. To speak with someone in our billing department, please call 316-281-9001.
These links provide the Chargemaster for services performed at Newton Medical Center and its clinics, and is updated monthly.
Most Inpatient Services are paid based on a Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) code. DRG is a patient classification system that covers all the charges for an inpatient service, standardizing payments to hospitals. To see the Average Standard Charge based on DRG code please click on this link: Average Standard Charge by DRG.
This pricing information only includes prices billed by Newton Medical Center, its clinics and their employed providers. Additional charges from outside doctors may be included in your hospital bill. These would be charges for the service and care they performed for you while you were at Newton Medical Center. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Imaging services
- Lab services
- Anesthesia services
For questions on charges that you see on your bill from Newton Medical Center for services performed by an outside provider, please speak with someone from our billing department by calling 316-281-9001.
Please contact our office if you have questions about your bill, insurance correspondence or payments. We are here to help you.
Call us today at (316) 804-6255 or (800) 811-3183.