For information on updated visitor restrictions due to COVID-19, visit our coronavirus information page.
At Newton Medical Center, we want you to feel safe and secure while you’re visiting family members in our facilities. Being in the hospital can be a trying time, and in order to protect and defend our patients and their families, there are some hospital rules:
- Friends and family are welcome as long as patients agree
- All visitors under age 12 MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times
- People who feel sick should not visit patients
- There may be hospital restrictions put in place due to a patient’s condition
- The hospital may instate restrictions or limitations on visitors based on situations such as during flu season
For the safety of our patients and staff, entrances are locked between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. During this time, visitors should enter and exit through the Emergency Department.
Unit Visiting Hours & Rules
Maternal Child Unit
- No one under the age of 12 permitted unless they are the sibling of the newborn
- If a person feels sick, they will not be permitted
Critical Care Unit
- Immediate family/significant others only
- Only two to three visitors at a time
No visitation during shift-to-shift reports and during the night:
- 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- 2:30 a.m. to 3:30 a.m.
- 10:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
During flu season (November 1-April 1), Newton Medical Center puts visitor restrictions in place in order to protect our patients and staff. Please DO NOT visit if:
- You are running a fever (100.4ºF or higher)
- You have a cough or other flu symptoms
- You are under the age of 12 (exceptions will be made on a case by case basis)
- You have a compromised immune system
Please do not bring children 12 years old and younger.
Our gift shop is located in the front lobby of the hospital and is operated by the Newton Medical Center Community Association, our volunteer organization. The gift shop carries flowers, cards, candy, toys, books and toiletries.
Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 2 to 5 p.m.
Mail and Flowers
Mail and flowers are welcome in most areas. Flowers (silk or live) and plants, however, are not allowed in the Critical Care Unit.
Newton Medical Center volunteers deliver mail daily and flowers several times a day. Mail arriving after your dismissal will be forwarded to your home. Flowers arriving after your dismissal will be handled by the florist.
The Sunflower Café, located at the north end of the hospital, is open to serve you during the following times:
Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Holidays: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Meal are served throughout the day:
Breakfast: 6:30 to 10 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Supper: 5 to 7 p.m.
Self-Serve, Snack and Grab-N-Go items: Available all day