NMC is celebrating the milestone of 500 patients served using Stryker’s MakoTM robotic-arm assisted technology for total hip, total knee and partial knee replacements. In celebration, NMC is calling on the entire community to help name this critical member of the joint replacement team.
As the second facility in Kansas to offer the Mako technology, NMC’s joint replacement program is known for creating a personalized process for those who seek a higher quality of life. Lead by orthopaedic surgeon J. Scott Pigg, MD, NMC’s team of nurses, case managers and therapists guide each joint replacement patient through the process with precision and expertise.
“When we added Mako nearly two years ago, we knew it would change our operating room and patient outcomes,” said Dr. Pigg. “The level of precision it provides has truly made a difference for patients in both recovery and quality of life.”
Mako provides surgeons with the means to give every patient an individualized surgery. A 3D model of the patient’s hip or knee is used to pre-plan and assist the surgeon in performing joint replacement surgery. When utilizing Mako, surgeons have found that patients have less bleeding, reduction of postoperative pain, fewer hospital readmissions and faster recovery.
For those interested in participating in the naming contest, please submit your most creative via email to email@example.com or comment on the Name Our Robot contest post on NMC’s social media pages @newtonmedks.
Submissions will be accepted through Friday, April 19 at noon.
Winner will receive:
- Behind-the-scenes tour of NMC’s operating room,
- Meet-and-greet with Dr. Pigg, Orthopaedic Surgeon,
- A demonstration of the Mako robot, and
- A $100 donation to the local charity of their choice.
Name Our Robot! Official Contest Rules
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. This is a skill-based contest. Sponsor obtains rights from entrants to use any and all submissions submitted. Prize acceptance agreement will be required. Entrants waive the ability to bring claims in a class action format.
1. Eligibility. Contestants must be 13 years of age or older to participate. Multiple enteries per person/group is acceptable.
2. Entry Period. The contest begins on or about 10:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on April 8, 2019 and all entries must be received by NMC on or before 12:00 p.m. CT on April 19, 2019.
3. How to Enter. Submit entries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on the Name Our Robot! contest post on NMC’s social media pages @newtonmedks.
An entry may, at NMC’s sole discretion, be rejected if it is: a) sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, torturous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, b) is derogatory, promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or c) is disparaging to NMC or is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which NMC wishes to associate.
4. Intellectual Property. Entrants, upon submission, release any and all rights of all entries to Newton Medical Center.
5. Determining the Winner. After the conclusion of the entry period, each submission will be reviewed by a team of judges assembled by NMC. The judges will select the top four entries, which will then be put to vote via social media, where the community will choose the winner.
Winner notification. The potential winner will be notified via the method their entry was submitted (social media or email).
By entering the contest, entrant represents and warrants that he or she has read, understands, agrees to and will follow the official rules.